The software user interface able to exploit all the functionality of openQCM NEXT
DOWNLOAD Python Software 0.1.4a
Download the latest version of the openQCM NEXT python software version 0.1.4a developed in python programming language. You can download a stand alone executable application for Windows OS 64 bit or download the Python source-code for any platforms.
openqcm next executable software installation and usage
openQCM Next executable software is a stand-alone version of the Python software, for Windows OS 64-bit. The software bundles the Python application and all its dependencies into a single package. You can run the executable software without installing a Python interpreter or any modules.
– Download the openQCM Next executable software version 0.1.4a for WIN OS 64 bit
– Unzip the archive and browse to the folder : …/openQCM_Next_py_0.1.4a/
– Launch the application by double-click on the shortcut: openQCM-NEXT-0.1.4a.exe.lnk
Firmware Update Version 0.1.4
Firmware update is necessary for integration and compatibility with the latest version of the openQCM Next Python software version 0.1.4.
– Launch the openQCM Next Software version 0.1.4 to check the firmware compatibility.
If your openQCM Next device needs a firmware update, a pop-up window will appear at software startup
– Press Yes button to continue the firmware update procedure
– The Firmware update application will open. Press the Upload button
– Select and upload the binary file openQCM_Next_py_0.1.4_teensy.ino.TEENSY40.hex
History Changes Log version 0.1.4a
– Frequency sampling sweep: Change the frequency sampling sweep to 1 Hz to avoid distortion of the signal
– Frequency Measurement: Change frequency measurement as the maximum of amplitude signal
– Dissipation measurement: Change dissipation measurement defined as bandwidth at -0.3 dB below the maximum for fundamental and overtones
– Software and firmware update alert
– Temperature control is improved by monitoring both the TEC status and the value of electrical current delivered by the TEC controller.
– Sweep algorithm: Sweep algorithm is changed using a real-time tracking scheme. Tracking algorithm: the centre of the sweep band is moved depending on the current value of the resonance frequency
– General bug fixes and optimization
Python source-code INSTALlation GUIDE
DOWNLOAD TEENSY FIRMWARE
Download the latest version of the openQCM NEXT firmware version python 0.1.4 for Teensy 4.0 development board
Arduino-based code the easiest way to program your device
Make open science by taking advantage of one the most popular and active community for collective research. The Teensy 4.0 development board is in the heart of openQCM NEXT device and it is programmed using Arduino – based language. The main features of the microcontroller are the DDS synthesizer control, the voltage reading of the phase – gain comparator output through the ADC channels and raw data serial communication These advanced functionalities are made easier by the use of the arduino programming language.
Contribute to openscience community development
openQCMNEXT is an open science hardware device and we encourage and support community participation in device development. openQCM NEXT source code will be availabale on github soon. join the community and contribute to the development of the openQCM NEXT python software.